Monday, March 25, 2013

Progress

Before I go for the night:  A note on Progress

I AM healing.  In my own way.  I re-read my Blog and I can see the healing steps in each of my entries.  Moments captured that give an insight to the progress I build upon each day.  

I have a new resume!  I am taking classes at the Lowell Career Center.  I am utilizing their FREE resources to understand the job market and to learn about any new possibilities for my next job or career.  

My knee pain is virtually gone (for the moment!) and my back tingling is limited and under much better control.  I have figured out that my futon needs to go, so I have also been hunting for new SUPPORTIVE furniture.  I have Physical Therapy 2-3 times a week to ensure I will be OK in the future. 

I am starting to walk each day again, and I can feel myself getting stronger.  

I have been on a couple interviews and those give me confidence that I will re-join the workforce again, when the time and job are right.  These interviews have also helped clarify what I do and don't want in a job.

I have started planning the TKD December Awards Banquet with my friend Vicki.  It's great to be the meeting room customer for a change ;) 

I'm not completely decided on my continuation of TKD just yet.  There are many pros and cons to be weighed out.  For now - I am suspending my membership for a couple months to heal my knee, and strengthen it and my back.  

I have some goals each and every day, week, month. I am waking up early again, and getting out of the house.  I am seeing friends - my social calendar is busier than it has been in a long time!  I am actually maintaining active friendships.  

And I need to recognize my own progress.  It does not have to match any one else's.  It is mine, and I own it with Pride.  I HAVE done a lot.  Others may not see it, it may not be tangible - but in my world - my knowledge and understanding and work are HUGE.  I appreciate the steps I have been able to take.  The PROGRESS I have made. 

Thought for the Night:

"Beautiful Pictures are developed from negatives in a dark room ... 
So if you see darkness in your life, be assured that a beautiful picture is being prepared."



No comments:

Post a Comment