Sunday, December 29, 2013

I Have a JOB!!!

I suppose I would be greatly remiss if I did not put up a post saying 'I GOT A JOB!!!!'  Considering it has thus far been a major theme through this blog. 

For the past couple of months I had avoided looking for jobs at the Portland DoubleTree by Hilton because I had been told they were going through a lot of changes and I should wait until it settled down.  Yet, as my unemployment was coming to a close at the end of this month, I said, 'the heck with it' and opened the ad for an HR Manager position, and Voila!  Low and behold the name of the GM was one I knew quite well - he had been my Internship Coach while I was training in Boston back in '04! 

An email later we had a coffee date and after some catching up, the conversation turned to what I was looking for in terms of employment, and we briefly discussed what he was looking for in terms of the HR position.  We parted with me taking a couple days to think about it, then we met later in the week and he officially offered me the position!

I'm very excited to get back to work.  This is a great blend of all those things I was looking for - a steady AM schedule, with time to see family and friends on the weekends, a better 'time off' package than any other hotel has offered, an opportunity to support staff and really make a marked difference to a team, I get to implement new systems and procedures, and!  I'm working with a boss who knows my previous employer and who can help me make that transition to a well-known branded hotel chain!

No comments:

Post a Comment