Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Job Search: Part 2

I feel as though I'm starting all over again.  Going into month 4 of unemployment, and for the last 2-3 weeks, I've been laid out straight with illness!  That 'break' really interrupted the flow I had and now, I'm feeling a bit stuck.   

The days are getting warmer, the trees are budding, and I feel sluggish, losing ambition to go job hunting.  Passing up an opportunity that was not a good fit for me has also set me back a bit.  I hate to admit it, but I like having my days to myself, and for the most part enjoy taking each day as it comes.  But I also know I need to get back to work, doing something society considers productive. 

So, I will give myself the rest of this week to rest and get over the last of the coughing, and dependance on my inhaler, and then next week, I start attacking the job hunt again.  I need to get back into the game before too much more time elapses.  I still feel hope that the right job is out there, I just need to clarify what I want, so I can go get it.  I have even been having dreams that I'm at work, a new place, and am doing well.  Now just to find it in my waking life. 

So that's where I am.  I am grateful for the abundance in my career, and field of interest.  And I am grateful for the abundance of positive relationships in my life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment