Sunday, May 5, 2013

Changes in the Heart

My mind has been spinning of late with ideas about value, and money, and my dreams for the future.  Discerning those dreams, the next job, what I want out of life in the next week, month, 3months, 6months, etc.  And finances as always have been on my heart.  To be debt free, and be able to breath more easily, and have money in savings for security. 

And I realize, I also have had this line running through my mind - thanks to my cousin's blog:

"Hello God, what do you have planned for me?" 

I pray (getting better), I meditate (slacking lately), I try to stay positive and find the silver linings.  I believe in God (always).  I may not have the best church & Bible background, but I do have faith.  And I know God has a plan for me.  To use the words of others, because it best describes my situation right now - God has placed some interesting thoughts and ideas on my heart recently.  My job search is being momentarily side lined to get my finances in order, and get on a PLAN, a *gasp* Budget, one that will radically change my life in the short term, to meet some long term debt-free goals.

"Live like no one else, so later you can live like no one else" ~ Dave Ramsey

It's scary to think about, to envision.  But it's also kind of exhilarating to think of the debt going away.  Credit cards are evil.  Student Loans are a way of life.  Other lines of credit, car payments etc - all gone!  And to know that those are gone - is amazing.  My current plan is estimating completion by 2017.  4 years away.  This is a very conservative plan, and it is allowing for some of my current habits to continue: dining out, and a movie at the theater or a new book.  - If I cut these as well, I could potentially speed this up by 6 months or a year.  And this is based on my unemployment income.  When I do go back to work, I can hopefully have this all paid off in 2-2.5 years!!  Or sooner - depending on the intensity. 

This idea has been percolating for a few months now.  Friends told me about the plan last November, and I've been tossing it around ever since.  A new aspect that I didn't think about was the charitable giving aspect.  The book stresses Give, save, spend.  The first line item of every worksheet is Charitable giving. 

I love giving :)  That's not the issue... It's who to give to?  What to give?  How much?  I thank my other Cousin & her husband for her help in discerning where to start.  With what I can gladly and willing give.  No percentage to start - just what I feel free and clear to give.  They gave me a website to look at and will be suggesting a few others soon. 

So, That's where I am today.  My heart & mind are leading me in a new(er) direction, and are helping me organize my life in ways that have been brewing for awhile.

Physically I feel better - not healed, but better.  And emotionally/Mentally - I'm in a much better place.  Thank you to all the friends and family who have talked to me, supported me, and continue offering encouragement and re-lighting the way and the inspiration to keep going, and that yes - it will all work out, and I WILL find a job.   

"Hello God, what do you have planned for me?"   

No comments:

Post a Comment